ID Badge Policy
Every day, every student is required to wear their campus issued identification badge with their lanyard around their neck and on the outside of their clothing. Students may wear their own lanyard as long as it is school appropriate. Students should be in compliance with the ID badge policy from the time he/she arrives at school until he/she leaves campus. i.e. before/after school tutorials, club meetings, d-hall, study hall, dinner program, to request a late bus ticket, etc.
Student ID badges will be required to conduct school business, including, but not limited to the following:
- Ride the school bus.
- Purchase breakfast or lunch.
- Enter their classes.
- Enter the clinic or trainer’s office.
- Check in or out through the attendance office.
- Conduct a transaction through the finance office.
- Enter the library, to check out library books and to use library technology.
- Enter the Counselor and Assistant Principal’s office.
- Receive exemption cards.
- Receive class ranks.
- Buy a parking permit.
- Enter school sponsored dances (homecoming dance, prom).
- Request transcripts or other confidential documents through the registrar’s office.
- Check out textbooks.
- Leave class on a privilege pass i.e. to go to the restroom, clinic, counselor etc.
- Verify identification when requested by any Cypress Creek staff.
What if I forget my badge at home? You must purchase an ID badge.
- Upon arriving at school, students without their ID badge must purchase a badge from the ID Badge office located in the attendance office.
- If a student chooses to go to 1st period without an ID, then he/she will be sent to the Attendance office to purchase an ID Badge.
- If a student does not have the money to pay for an ID badge, he/she will be placed on the fees & fines list for later payment.
- All ID fines must be paid in full in order for a student to exempt exams and participate in specified school activities (homecoming dance, prom).
What if I lose my badge and need to purchase a new one?
- Students must request a replacement badge from the attendance office.
Students who deface their ID badge will be required to purchase a new ID badge. A defaced ID badge is any badge on which the picture has been changed, altered or obstructed.
ALL FEES AND FINES MUST BE PAID IN FULL BEFORE STUDENTS WILL BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND SPECIFIED SCHOOL SPONSORED ACTIVITIES AND/OR TO EXEMPT EXAMS.